The only earthquake detector endorsed by ARTI, the American Rescue Team International
Provides early warning by detecting an earthquake's sound wave before the earthquake's destructive shear wave strikes your area.
• Fully adjustable sensitivity setting.
• Automatically resets and shuts off alarm when earthquake stops.
• Mounts easily to wall. No screws, nails or tools required.
• Operates off a 9-volt battery.
• Loud distinctive alarm to wake you up.
• Monitors aftershocks.
• Offers peace of mind and keeps you informed.
• Can detect earthquakes that occur many miles away.
• Saves valuable seconds by removing the normal guesswork involved in earthquake detection.
• Patented reverse pendulum detection system.
The Quake Alarm is designed to provide instant warning of seismic activity by detecting the "P" wave (compression wave) of an earthquake, which travels faster than the more destructive "S" wave (shear wave). The Quake Alarm saves valuable seconds by removing the guesswork in earthquake detection. It is capable of detecting large earthquakes that occur hundreds of miles away and can detect moderate to minor earthquakes for many miles around your local area. One very important advantage of the Quake Alarm™ is that it can wake you up and alert you the moment the quake starts so that you can immediately take cover or tend to other family members. The human mind relies upon the sensations from the inner ear combined with the sense of sight to determine the sensation of motion the body is undergoing at the time that an earthquake starts. Disorientation, known as vertigo, can cause people to become confused and instinctively freeze for many seconds during the onset of an earthquake. Sound also plays a part in earthquake detection and by itself can be misleading. The sound of a slamming garage door or the low rumble of a large truck has startled many people into falsely thinking that they are about to experience an earthquake. The Quake Alarm can eliminate confusion, save valuable seconds and provide peace of mind.